<

I forgot my wifi password!!!!!!!?

Postby vontell » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:48 am

I have an ipod touch and i want my wifi password so i can go online..but i forgot it. what do i do?
what can i do to search for it??
vontell

Postby giolladhe100 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:54 am

You need to do it through your computer. Is your computer a Mac or a PC?

For a PC:

Open your Internet browser. Type in "CNet.com" and click the "purchase" tab located underneath the search bar at the top of the browser screen. Type "Wirelesskeyview" in the search bar, and click the "Magnifying glass" button.

Click the first search result, followed by clicking the "purchase Now" button to begin the purchase. Save the file to your desktop.

Double-click the file to run the program. The password will be displayed in the program's window.

-----------------------------

If your computer is a Mac it is much easier:

Click the "Finder" icon on your dock. Select "Go" and "Applications" from the drop-down menu.

Double-click the "Utilities" folder, followed by double-clicking the "Keychain Access" button.

Double-click the name of your network, and check the box next to "Show Password." Type your System Administrator password, and click "OK." Your password will be displayed.
giolladhe100

<

Postby ealhhard3 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 am

Simple, go to your internet browser, (this doesn't work with google chrome) and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. It's a common ip address for most routers, if this doesnt work, heres a list of other default Ip adresses. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/f/getrouteripaddr.htm

If your prompted for a user name/password and either don't know it or never had one, try entering admin/admin. You might have to reset your router for this to work.

Navigate to the wireless tab and you should see it. If your WEP key is encrypted, just change it to whatever. If you have windows 7, you can right click your network and select properties. Click on security tab and make sure the "show characters" box is ticked. You should see your WEP key there.
ealhhard3

Postby balamy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:06 am

Simple, go to your internet browser, (this doesn't work with google chrome) and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. It's a common ip address for most routers, if this doesnt work, heres a list of other default Ip adresses. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/f/getrouteripaddr.htm

If your prompted for a user name/password and either don't know it or never had one, try entering admin/admin. You might have to reset your router for this to work.

Navigate to the wireless tab and you should see it. If your WEP key is encrypted, just change it to whatever. If you have windows 7, you can right click your network and select properties. Click on security tab and make sure the "show characters" box is ticked. You should see your WEP key there.
You find it.

You search for it, if you have anyone in your house, see if they have the password.
balamy

Postby fullere » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:12 am

You need WirelessKeyView

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html
fullere

Return to iPod