<

Have to re-buy apps on Ipod touch if already bought?

Postby weddell » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 am

Okay so I bought apps while on vacation
and then something happened to my ipod touch which it told me to connect it o Itunes
I did but i had a passcode lock
and told me to unlock it first
I couldn't because the Ipod told me to connect it to iTunes
Then I put it into recover mode
and it isn't the original computer so it tell me I have to restore it...
So if I do
will I have to buy apps again
~I didn't connect it to Itunes when I bought the apps
So will I have to re-buy them?
weddell

Postby rick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:30 am

No, you will not have to re-purchase the apps. However, since you didn't sync your iPod with iTunes, you will have to manually find the apps you lost via the App Store, and purchase them again (real of charge).

Hope that helps! (:
rick

<

Postby cynddelw80 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 am

When you plug in your ipod, go to the applications folder when the ipod pops up on itunes and make sure your applications are there. If not, simply re purchase the applications but itunes remembers which application you paid for so even tho it says a price when buying the application, a popup should appear that tell you that you have already paid for it so it is simply re purchase itself onto your ipod touch!
cynddelw80

Postby danylets10 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 am

When you plug in your ipod, go to the applications folder when the ipod pops up on itunes and make sure your applications are there. If not, simply re purchase the applications but itunes remembers which application you paid for so even tho it says a price when buying the application, a popup should appear that tell you that you have already paid for it so it is simply re purchase itself onto your ipod touch!
If the apps aren't in your itunes, then yes you will definitaly have to rebuy them. A lot of times when you buy them off of your ipod touch they never sync properly onto your itunes at all. In the future the only safe way to always have them, is to purchase them off of itunes it self.
danylets10

Postby scannalan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 am

If the apps aren't in your itunes, then yes you will definitaly have to rebuy them. A lot of times when you buy them off of your ipod touch they never sync properly onto your itunes at all. In the future the only safe way to always have them, is to purchase them off of itunes it self.
No you don't have to re-buy them just have to re-download them but its real just type your password in and a message should pop-up saying "You have already purchased this app would you like to re-download for real".
scannalan

Postby elroi2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 am

No! If you have already paid for the apps, when you purchase them again, a screen will pop up that says, You have already paid for this to purchase continue. Thats it.
elroi2

Postby jeriah » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:02 am

You can delete the purchase history on iTunes at first, then you can re-buy them.
jeriah

Postby styrr46 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 am

yeah you will that sucks foe you man.......
styrr46

Return to iPod