<

Home Button On iPod Touch 4G Not Working ?

Postby edric » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:54 am

I Have A Warranty. But, My Warranty Only Covers "Technical" Problems.
At First It Worked Sometimes When I Pressed The Home Button A Curtain Way. But, Now It Doesn't Work At All. I Didn't Drop It In Water. Or Didn't Drop It On The Floor. It Just Wore Out I Guess.

Will My Warranty Cover This?
edric

Postby caradoc54 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:57 am

Yes, the Apple Warranty will cover this. I would suggest you do the following BEFORE you go to the Apple Store to see if it will get fixed.

1) Transfer your iPod Touch's Purchases (Right+ Click on Device, Transfer purchases)
2) Update your iPod Touch to iOS 4.3.3 (Or if there is any available update from iTunes)
3) Restore your iPod Touch. This WILL delete EVERY Song and App, but be sure to Transfer purchases and Backup (Right + Click on Device, Backup) and then Restore. Then, Sync and Restore from Backup.

Then, Go to the Apple Store if it is still broken.
caradoc54

<

Postby amal29 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 am

Yes, the Apple Warranty will cover this. I would suggest you do the following BEFORE you go to the Apple Store to see if it will get fixed.

1) Transfer your iPod Touch's Purchases (Right+ Click on Device, Transfer purchases)
2) Update your iPod Touch to iOS 4.3.3 (Or if there is any available update from iTunes)
3) Restore your iPod Touch. This WILL delete EVERY Song and App, but be sure to Transfer purchases and Backup (Right + Click on Device, Backup) and then Restore. Then, Sync and Restore from Backup.

Then, Go to the Apple Store if it is still broken.
If it's still under warranty, then yes, the warranty will cover it.
amal29

Return to iPod