<

How can i convince my parents to let me get an xbox 360 and violent games?

Postby daylon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 am

I live in a village where there is nothing to do. My day usually consists of going to the shop to get sweets, playing on my laptop and iPod touch and going to the viaduct. I get so bored and my friends never come out or live too far away. The closest friend who isn't always on his xbox lives 4 miles away. I cycle to his and he always tells me i should get an xbox so i can talk to him. But my dad won't let me get an xbox even if i buy it myself. Even then, i'm not allowed games like GTA which are the only games on xbox i enjoy (you become a zombie if you start playing Gears of War etc.) So, i currently have a job and im 13 years old. The xbox 360 arcade and GTA IV is £133 in argos. If i save up and get it how am i supposed to get my parents to let me have it.
daylon

Postby mayne10 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 am

Well, ask ur dad, when u wer his age wud he wnt one?
Also, don't start off with GTA as it's an 18. Go with something like Halo first and then go to Cod 6, as thts an 18. Then persuade him to let u buy GTA as it too is an 18.
Maybe also say u can play on it too, and tht u will pay for him to have a controller, then u get an extra controller which he thinks is 'his' but u can use it for wen ur mates come round.
Good Luck, Matt.
mayne10

<

Postby holdin81 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 am

No, we dont need any more 12 year olds on live screaming at the tops of their lungs.
holdin81

Postby zacharia » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 am

No, we dont need any more 12 year olds on live screaming at the tops of their lungs.
Ask your parents.
zacharia

Postby ciss22 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:24 am

Take things slow. First of all, show them that there's a lot more things to do on an Xbox 360 than violent games. You can play Arcade games, listen to music, get on Facebook, watch movies on Netflix and Zune, and a lot more. Try to find things about it that might interest them and prove that it is a "family" console too (It would help to mention the upcoming Kinect system too)
Then, once you convince them to buy a console, start off with child-friendly games, to earn their respect. Play games like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Rock Band 2 at first. Then after your parents trust that the Xbox 360 is a family platform, go ahead and attempt to buy Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, or Modern Warfare 2. Prove to them that the games aren't going to teach you to be a terrorist, or to shoot up schools or anything like that. Show them that you're responsible.

Persuasion is all about trust, my friend.
ciss22

Postby ricciardo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:32 am

Well if you can save up and buy the Xbox do that first. Ask your mother if you have one, Tell him it's not as bad as people say it is because it's not. Or Ask another friend to buy it for you and keep it a secret. Hope I helped :)
ricciardo

Return to iPod