<

How can I get my mom to forgive me?

Postby checha » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:02 am

So a few months ago, I was texting inappropriate words. I'm 12 years old and female. I know what I did was wrong, and I told her I wouldn't ever do it again. After 2-3 months of no phone, I was forgiven and all punishments gone. Well today, I messed up again and did the same thing. I feel absolutely horrible and my mom will never forgive me. I tried apologizing, but she said "No, your not. You don't care about anyone." Then walked out of my room. She said she was going to take my phone back, and she took my iPod and Kindle as well. I know the punishment is acceptable, and what I did was terrible and she has every right to be mad. I FEEL ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I can't stop crying, and I dont know how she will ever forgive me... what can I do to make her forgive me again?
checha

Postby shilah69 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:07 am

I being a Mom myself..... cant help but wonder if its an attention thing ? even if its negative attention. I dont know what you and your mothers relationship is like, but time will heal and in the mean time figure out why not only are you choosing to use inappropriate words but why you did it again so soon after the last punishment ? especially knowing your mom checks your texts ( which is a good thing for kids your age ) Well i think you should think things over and when you have some answers sit down with your mom and have a heart to heart : )
shilah69

<

Postby pacorro17 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 am

If you knew it was wrong and you made a promise about it how could you do the same thing in such a short amount of time? I'm just surprised. I'd understand if you did it like 6-7 months later when time had passed and she had forgiven you and etc. Well I think you should behave better and try to be more mature. Good luck though and try to improve your vocabulary by reducing the inappropriate words
pacorro17

Postby barend44 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:16 am

Thats horrible, i have two toddlers and if they do that to me i would of done the same as what your mom did, maybe worst.
Mothers day is around the corner and you can surely make it up to her, but dont wait until then
barend44

Postby easton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:19 am

Thats horrible, i have two toddlers and if they do that to me i would of done the same as what your mom did, maybe worst.
Mothers day is around the corner and you can surely make it up to her, but dont wait until then
Do you have strict parents or something?
Just do something to make it up to her.
When I did something bad(not going to say what it was) I was grounded, so I made my dad a cd with some of his fav songs on, then they ungrounded me..

Just do something she'll appreciate.
Tidy your room
Tidy the house
Cook her dinner
ETC

She will forgive you..........
easton

Postby eochaidh36 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:27 am

Of course she doesn't believe that you're sorry-you told her you wouldn't do it again, and then you did it. Saying your sorry won't mean anything to her. However, if you sit down with her and talk about why you did it and why she doesn't want you to, that might help. And then you need to show her that you understand why she sets rules for you to follow by FOLLOWING THEM. Don't worry, she'll get over it eventually, but it will take time.
eochaidh36

Postby falke74 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:31 am

Of course she doesn't believe that you're sorry-you told her you wouldn't do it again, and then you did it. Saying your sorry won't mean anything to her. However, if you sit down with her and talk about why you did it and why she doesn't want you to, that might help. And then you need to show her that you understand why she sets rules for you to follow by FOLLOWING THEM. Don't worry, she'll get over it eventually, but it will take time.
this is not as big of a deal as you think. eventually after some time passes she will forgive you. just take your lumps and eventually you two will move past this and be normal again. keep apologizing and trying to earn back her trust.
falke74

Postby dobhailen93 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:34 am

this is not as big of a deal as you think. eventually after some time passes she will forgive you. just take your lumps and eventually you two will move past this and be normal again. keep apologizing and trying to earn back her trust.
i told my mom i wud never talk to her again wen that same thing happened to me andi tried and it worked she ***** stand it!! after like 3 hours she gave in
dobhailen93

Postby rockland81 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 am

Everyone makes mistakes but the most important thing we can do is to learn from our mistakes.
It's great that you accepted your consequence by losing your electronics, that's the positive side of the problem. Any parent would be disappointed with their child texting inappropriate words to someone. She was hoping, by taking away your phone for awhile, you'd learn from this consequence and not repeat it (texting these words). When you did it again, your mom was upset and probably not ready to accept an apology from you so soon.

Give her some time and space to calm down and then prove you are responsible by your actions.
Offer to do some extra chores for her- that should help! Show her you can be trusted when she gives you back your electronics and when you feel like texting something inappropriate in the future, stop and remember how upset you were and how you lost your mother's trust. Hopefully, you can work things out with her soon.
Good Luck and if you need to talk, we're here 24/7 on the phones and through email.

SM,Counselor
Boys Town National Hotline
1-800-448-3000

http://www.BoysTown.org/
http://www.Parenting.org/
http://www.YourLifeYourVoice.org/
rockland81

Postby hariman66 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:42 am

Well yes its bad that you're text using inappropriate words. You should tell your mom that you're very sorry and that you dont even care that she took your iPod, phone, and Kindle because all that matters to you right now is her forgiveness. :) She will forgive you eventually, TRUST ME.
hariman66

Return to iPod