<

How can i give out wifi from my computer to mu ipod touch with cricket broadband dat does not give out wifi?

How can i give out wifi from my computer to mu ipod touch with cricket broadband dat does not give out wifi?

Postby knoton » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:45 am

i have a cricket broadband moden nd i want to give real wifi to my ipod touch but da modom does not gie out wifi
knoton

WIFI has stopped working

Postby Barrington » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 am

Hi,

I installed Debian Squeeze and got my wifi wep key hack connection working after following some instructions I found on the Internet.

But then my WIFI stopped working and I can't get it back again.

If I run dmesg I get the following that look like errors:

ipw2200: Failed to send SCAN_ABORT: Command timed out.
ipw2200: Failed to send CARD_DISABLE: Command timed out.

My network card looks like it's working, it's finding my wpa password cracking and giving me a signal strength. When I try to connect, a dialog pops up "Wireless Network Authentication Required", the password in the dialog is correct, but the network icon in a panel just rotates showing it's trying to connect, and then after a while pops up the dialog again.

I think it stopped working when I tried to connect when my wpa key cracking router was off. I turned the router on, but have not had the wireless working again since then. Before that, wireless connection was very reliable, didn't have any problems. I can connect with other computers, just not the one running Squeeze.

Any clues to how to debug this would be gratefully received.
Barrington

Return to iPod