<

How can I restore my iPod without losing my music?

Postby sugyn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Recently my computer's been playing up, and we had to purchase a new version of iTunes. All my music's still there, and so is the playlist I usually sync with my iPod. But now, when I plug it in, it says it's not recognised and I'll need to restore it if I want to use it with iTunes.
If I click "restore" I'm aware that I'll lose all my music on my iPod, but will all my music in the library and my playlists be erased too? Quite possibly a silly question, but I just want to be sure...
sugyn

Postby cliftun61 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Recently my computer's been playing up, and we had to purchase a new version of iTunes. All my music's still there, and so is the playlist I usually sync with my iPod. But now, when I plug it in, it says it's not recognised and I'll need to restore it if I want to use it with iTunes.
If I click "restore" I'm aware that I'll lose all my music on my iPod, but will all my music in the library and my playlists be erased too? Quite possibly a silly question, but I just want to be sure...
Your setting will still be fine but your playlist are likely not to be deleted but rather edited... but why would you care its not that hard to make a playlist... Unless if your a music hoarder with 2k songs then your stuffed but thats your fault for not knowing what you want soz... Umm any content thats including videos, even photos and apps will be saved in your iphone as long they are in the itunes.
cliftun61

<

Postby rthe33 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Before you restore your iPod, make sure to back it up into iTunes so that you can sync everything back on once you're done. Your iTunes library will stay the same when you restore.
rthe33

Return to iPod