<

How do i change my dlink router password?

Postby yigol » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 am

i just got my hydro and internet back today and somebody from my internet company told me that i had to reset my router to try to get it to work again. so i did that, then i had to do the setup for it as if its brand new. so i did that, but it didnt ask me for a password so i didnt put one in. i try to connect to my network with my ipod touch putting in the password i had before i reset it and it wont work. so how do i reset/change my password to what i had it before???
yigol

Postby chetwin92 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:18 am

In order to change D-Link router password, type the address into your browser’s URL field and press ‘Enter’ to launch the D-Link router’s menu screen. Then, enter the D-Link current password into the text field named password and click on the ‘log in’ button. Navigate to the ‘Tools’ option at the bottom of the screen and then select the ‘Admin’ button at the left end of the window. Scroll down to the ‘Admin Password’ title and enter the new password you want to use in the password field. Then click the ‘Save Settings’ button to save the D-Link router’s new password.
http://router.iyogi.com/d-link/d-link-router-change-password.html
chetwin92

<

Postby cuddy17 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:27 am

go on the D-Link Admin page weblink. I believe its http://192.168.0.1/

Now... Login as Admin with no password.
On the Setup Tab, you'll see 3 options... Select "Wireless settings"
If you're confused ... then once you have logged in, go on this link http://192.168.0.1/wireless.htm
Now there you can set your security Mode (I'd recommend WPA) and change the paraphrase (if you want)...
Done!
cuddy17

Postby parlan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 am

ok so u need to log in to it first if u open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG then it will give u a list of info then u will see a part that says default gateway type the IP address that's there in to a web browser and hit enter dlink user name is admin and the default password is no password so leave it blank then go to WIFI or wireless settings and change the encryption settings to WPA2
parlan

Postby estefan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:39 am

ok so u need to log in to it first if u open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG then it will give u a list of info then u will see a part that says default gateway type the IP address that's there in to a web browser and hit enter dlink user name is admin and the default password is no password so leave it blank then go to WIFI or wireless settings and change the encryption settings to WPA2
Google for a procedure for that model.
estefan

Return to iPod