<

How to connect xbox to hotel wifi?

Postby pitney16 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm in bolingbrook right now at the marriott hotel and I'm trying to connect to their wifi but the xbox for some reason won't connect. I put in the password and user Id but when I do that it erases the ip address and what not and I don't have an Ethernet chord or laptop just iPod touch
pitney16

Postby jethro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:44 pm

well ive never tried my xbox at a hotel but my wii would work at most places.but ive looked this up before and answers have said that you cant because you have to have a internet browser which xbox 360 doesnt.but i dont really know its what i saw on this yahoo answers.
jethro

<

Postby barnabe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Im sorry to say, but you cant do this. I am guessing that the internet u need u have to pay for, and you pay for it by logging on with your laptop, and paying on the internet, as the hotel will not allow you to go to any pages other then the payment page. Basically when you pay, the internet router at the hotel allows you computers IP address to access the internet. Here is something to try tho, write down the IP address of your Xbox, go ask the people at the front desk if they can add that IP address to there allowed list. Hope I helped!
barnabe

Return to iPod