<

How to convert or view .Ithmb files on windows?

Postby xylon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Ok so here's my dilemma:

I uploaded a bunch of photos from a Mac onto my Ipad. But when I got home and synced the Ipad with my PC, Itunes asked if I would like to wipe the Ipad after it synced with my computer. I stupidly clicked yes. Then (after much searching through the deep recesses of my computer) I found an "Ipod Photo Cache" file. All of these files (titled F00, F01, F22, etc) contain Ithmb files.

I have tried every single program, including Picassa, and Photoshop Elements, and several photo converters, and NOTHING works.

Is there ANY way I can view these files? Anywhere? They are super important, and cannot be replaced.

Also, keep in mind my Ipad no longer has the photos and I do not have Iphoto on my computer.

The weirdest part is, I tried purchase "Juicer" which people say works, but when I try to browse files to upload and convert, they just don't appear in the browser screen.

So, so frustrating.

If anyone DOES have a solution...well, I'm not a total moron, but I'm obviously not very tech-savy ...so simple step by step intructions would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!
xylon

Postby cetanwakuwa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:13 pm

I found a post on the apple forums that describe how to do exactly what your looking for.
cetanwakuwa

<

Postby baldie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:19 pm

You can try iThmb Converter on PC platform. It is user friendly gui tool.
baldie

Re: How to convert or view .Ithmb files on windows?

Postby Max85 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 am

baldie wrote:You can try iThmb Converter on PC platform. It is user friendly gui tool.

I fully agree with you. iThmb Converter is the best solution.
Max85

Re: How to convert or view .Ithmb files on windows?

Postby kevinbacon123 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 am

Yea imtb thumb works great, and for going from PC to mac I use Open-File
It took lost of research to find the proper programs, but after checking out whirlpool forums i found out most of the info on it all.
cheers,
KB
kevinbacon123

Return to iPod