<

How do i convince my parents to buy me an iPod touch ?

Postby cuinn » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 pm

now i know this question has been asked a million times (how to convince your parents to buy you an iPod, a laptop, a car, an assault rifle, etc.) but mines a little different.

first of all i received an iPod touch (2G) as a re-gift as my dad bought it for my mom and so when she passed away (a year ago) he gave it to me (Christmas gift). Now i'm top of my class, i never asked my parents to buy me ANYTHING (I've never owned a cell phone in my life, and i'm 14), i do my chores my dad knows that i am willing to get a job and i plan on doing so during high school, and i generally don't receive any birthday gifts (my father receives a good salary and we live generally well, but so far in the past 3 years to most i got for my birthday was $10, and i don't get anything for Christmas, besides the iPod), and i don't have an allowance. I'm not sure what else I can do to convince my dad to buy me an iPod (4G). Any tips?
cuinn

Postby bayly85 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:49 pm

now i know this question has been asked a million times (how to convince your parents to buy you an iPod, a laptop, a car, an assault rifle, etc.) but mines a little different.

first of all i received an iPod touch (2G) as a re-gift as my dad bought it for my mom and so when she passed away (a year ago) he gave it to me (Christmas gift). Now i'm top of my class, i never asked my parents to buy me ANYTHING (I've never owned a cell phone in my life, and i'm 14), i do my chores my dad knows that i am willing to get a job and i plan on doing so during high school, and i generally don't receive any birthday gifts (my father receives a good salary and we live generally well, but so far in the past 3 years to most i got for my birthday was $10, and i don't get anything for Christmas, besides the iPod), and i don't have an allowance. I'm not sure what else I can do to convince my dad to buy me an iPod (4G). Any tips?
Ask, if they say no, yell, "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF…
bayly85

<

Postby wilhelm » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:52 pm

tell him you really need it and you can text with it so you want have to worry about a phone. also tell him you is scared that the old ipod you have might break so you want to keep it safe as possible cause it has a lot of sentimental value. he is going to feel sorry fro you and buy you a new ipod.
wilhelm

Postby germano » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Try just asking him for it, straight up, and explain in detail why it would be that much of an improvement over the one you now have.

To the other three children who answered: you would not be getting new iPods from me if you tried that approach!
germano

Postby willifrid14 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:15 pm

tell your parents they put your old ipod through the washing machine, and say its their fault its broken . keep flyers or newspapers of ipods scattered around the house. expect a new one in 2-3 weeks
willifrid14

Return to iPod