<

HOW DO U CONVINCE YOUR PARENTS TO GET YOU AN IPOD TOUCH??!!?

Postby burhbank43 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 am

im 13 years old and I REALLLYYYYY want an ipod touch SOOOOOOO badly.but my parents keep refusing.i did everything i could to convince them,i studied hard and got really good grades in my end of year exams,i did all my chores,i behaved well,but they STILL wont listen and its getting really annoying and i just dnt kno wat 2 do,i cnt even save up for one because i dont get an allowance which really isnt fair,and i didnt even get anything for my birthday this year in february D=.
PLZ tell me wat 2 do as im getting DESPEARTE,no rude comments or answers please.
=D
burhbank43

Postby unss » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:11 am

Okay, you can try one thing. You can sit them down at dinner and ask them to get you one or they will hear non-stop "Can you please get me an iPod touch" for... however long it takes. OR you can say,"I'm getting more mature, so I think it's about time I start getting an allowance" and see what they have to say to that. If neither work, I'm so sorry. (Hey, maybe you might get one for Christmas)
unss

<

Postby redford60 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:13 am

Wait till a holiday comes around and when they ask what you want ask for the ipod touch.
redford60

Postby comdhan44 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:33 am

You haven't convinced me of anything except that your parents are poor. I think you'll have to accept this fact and learn to live more simply. Go ride your bike or borrow one from some guy who likes you and get out of the house more. Eat dinner over there. Learn to get things from other people who have more money. I don't know why you're not used to it already since it doesn't sound like they've ever not been poor. You have access to a computer already so I don't see the need for you to have an iPod Touch for any reason. It's just a tiny computer with a bunch of lame games on it. My wife wanted one so she could show off to her family when she went of vacation to see them. Now she uses it to watch movies or check her email when she's too lazy to get out of bed or to entertain the kid.
comdhan44

Postby calbhach » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 am

Ask them if you can have an iPhone for all yor good work. Obviously they'll say no (well I think they will, because surely if they won't get you an iPod they won't be willing to get you an iPhone) . Beg them for days an days and days and days. Then one day you say 'If I can't have an iPhone, can I have an iPod touch? They might say yes but is bot guarateed. If they still say no, stop asking, so they can see that you're being reasonable etc. Then in late November (if you can wait that long, but if you can, is best to wait because then Christmas gives them a reason to give you something you really want) ask again and make the point that you waited so long and you got really good grades etc. If they don't get you one then, then maybe give up :(
But whatever you do, don't bribe them by saying that you'll do all your chores etc because they wot want to appear weak willed by giving into your bribes and won't get you the iPod.

Ooh and suggest that you'll pay for it and they say no, but then they might surprise you and pay foreverything to make it a real present :))
hope you get it ^^

I don't get an allowance either but I cope - ask for Money for your bday and Christmas
calbhach

Return to iPod