<

How to delete photos off ipod touch?

Postby oxnatun » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 pm

So I got a iPod touch yesterday and I accidentally loaded all my pictures off the computer onto it, and most of them (like screen shots) are on there, how do you delete them? I've plugged my ipod in and clicked on photos and it just comes up with "Sync photos from..' and ive unticked it but they're still on there?
oxnatun

Postby cymry57 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Stop taking nasty pictures of yourself.
cymry57

<

Postby slavin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:33 pm

i dont know.....
ive got an ipod touch and ive experience the same prob
slavin

Postby killian » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:41 pm

You can't delete them off the handset itself. You have to uncheck the boxes where they're synced from and then plug in the iPod and sync it again. If they're still there, check that the box labeled "Sync All" isn't selected, or change the Root Folder where they are synced from.
killian

Postby anwyll » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:44 pm

You have to delete or uncheck the photos from your iTunes library or they will continue to sync to your iPod.

You can manually delete them from your iPod by going to the photos section and sliding your thumb (or finger of your choosing) horizontally across the photo to bring up a deletion option.
If you have the newer iOS I believe you have to view the photo, tap it when it is enlarge, and you will see a trashcan appear.
anwyll

Postby sior » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:47 pm

You have to delete or uncheck the photos from your iTunes library or they will continue to sync to your iPod.

You can manually delete them from your iPod by going to the photos section and sliding your thumb (or finger of your choosing) horizontally across the photo to bring up a deletion option.
If you have the newer iOS I believe you have to view the photo, tap it when it is enlarge, and you will see a trashcan appear.
You can uncheck the photos on your iTunes library at first, and then sync your iPod with iTunes, the photos will be delete off your iPod.
Or You may try this ipod transfer, it's a nice iTunes alternative that can help you manage iPod files including delete, upload, play, copy, etc.
http://www.ipod-transfer-copy.com/ipod-transfer-mediawidget.html
Hope it helps. Contact me if you have any other question or use http://www.ask.com to search more answers.
sior

Return to iPod