<

How to fix corrupted ipod? Without erasing music?

Postby hsmilton » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:05 am

There are plenty of threads and posts on this topic, but i feel that none of them have straight to the point answers, or helpful answers. My ipod nano is 5 years old, and now every time i connect it to itunes, it says iPod is corrupt. Lately, I have been using sites like 'beemp3.com' and such, since limewire and frostwire aren't helpful any more. Could this be the reason?

Lastly, my computer savy friend briefly told me how to do it,*without* losing all of my music....can anyone give me a step by step, how to do so? (Something about moving my music to my computer? in a folder or something?)

**I have a mac btw.

Thanks in advance!
hsmilton

Postby akeno » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:11 am

There are plenty of threads and posts on this topic, but i feel that none of them have straight to the point answers, or helpful answers. My ipod nano is 5 years old, and now every time i connect it to itunes, it says iPod is corrupt. Lately, I have been using sites like 'beemp3.com' and such, since limewire and frostwire aren't helpful any more. Could this be the reason?

Lastly, my computer savy friend briefly told me how to do it,*without* losing all of my music....can anyone give me a step by step, how to do so? (Something about moving my music to my computer? in a folder or something?)

**I have a mac btw.

Thanks in advance!
Just restore and it will re sync all the music that or just try rebooting it
akeno

<

Postby madawg15 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:16 am

Your iPod has a problem on the Hard drive. the only way to fix it is to restore it. if iTunes and the Mac can recognize it, yes you can move your music off of it. If not you will have to wipe it.
madawg15

Postby jaime92 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:24 am

Try connecting it and purchase SharePod and using that to get everything off than restore it
jaime92

Postby hereweald91 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:31 am

Restore it and put the music back on
hereweald91

Return to iPod