<

How do i get my USB Port on my Toshiba TV to work?

Postby freeland » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:06 am

Iv bought a new tv its a Toshiba 32BV500V. It has a usb port on it, i understand i can watch videos, see pics and listen to music via flash drives. I know it has to be FAT32 to be compatible which i have done and it still doesn't work. Iv tried plugging my iPod in and it then opens the Media Center but it still doesn't work. Iv tried making folders which say things like Videos, Pictures, Music etc. but nothing seems to work and the only reason i bought the tv is so i can watch films off my USB Stick. Is there a particular driver i need to put onto the USB stick for the tv to recognise it? HELP PLEASE!! p.s. i googled and googled but cant find any answers!
freeland

Postby quinlan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 am

Iv bought a new tv its a Toshiba 32BV500V. It has a usb port on it, i understand i can watch videos, see pics and listen to music via flash drives. I know it has to be FAT32 to be compatible which i have done and it still doesn't work. Iv tried plugging my iPod in and it then opens the Media Center but it still doesn't work. Iv tried making folders which say things like Videos, Pictures, Music etc. but nothing seems to work and the only reason i bought the tv is so i can watch films off my USB Stick. Is there a particular driver i need to put onto the USB stick for the tv to recognise it? HELP PLEASE!! p.s. i googled and googled but cant find any answers!
I think you are mistaken about the USB capabilities of your set.

From the Toshiba UK site I was able to get the information about your set. It says "USB connectivity also enables you to view photos and listen to music directly via the TV."
This probably means JPEG pictures and mp3 music but does not say anything about videos.

http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/Regza-LCD-TV/30-39-LCD-TV-screen-size/32-LCD-TV-BV-Series/

I have also looked at the owner's manual online and it also says pictures and music and nothing about videos.

http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/upload/BrochuresAndManuals/Manuals/BV500-19-English-Specific.pdf
quinlan

<

Postby caleb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:17 am

Check your tv manual, not all formats (avi, divx, mpeg, bmp, etc...) are supported in playback, not the format of the stick, the format of what you are trying to play. My panasonic does the same thing with the momory card port.
caleb

Return to iPod