<

How to get your ipod touch to connect with wifi without password?

Postby gilmat55 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm

i have the latest ipod touch and i have wifi but i forgot my password is there anyway i can get connected to it.
gilmat55

Postby carmelo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

i have the latest ipod touch and i have wifi but i forgot my password is there anyway i can get connected to it.
there is no way to connect it without the password and if you can't find out the password:

there should be a reset button in the back of your router. Hold that button down for 30 seconds. This will reset the router and its settings. After a reset all of the router settings will go back to default. Once the router is reset, plug your computer or laptop into the router directly. Open a webpage and type 192.168.1.1 after resetting the router there should be a box pop up that requires a user name and password. since your router is reset, admin should be the user name and password should be admin. I recommend changing that once inside. If that does not work then the user name and password should be left blank.

Once inside the router settings there should be a tab for wirless router settings. Inside that setting you should be able to change the wireless password. Once changed, save those settings and exit the page. Your new wireless password should be set.
carmelo

<

Postby jay98 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:35 pm

password and encryption key are 12 different things.
the password alows yo access ot the wifi router/ap, the encryption key allows you access to the portal/internet.
w/o the key, you cant.
jay98

Postby tillman87 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:37 pm

check on the side of your router your password is the wepkey. but if it isnt there sorry but there is no way to connect to wifi protected by password without the password.
tillman87

Postby sevastianos63 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:42 pm

you will have to go on the computer and change your routers password and soon as you finished those steps try it again
sevastianos63

Return to iPod