<

How do i hook up my ipod to my kenwood audio receiver?

Postby gower74 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am

I was wondering if there is a way to connect my ipod to my Kenwood VR-6050 audio receiver. If so, how? If not can I connect my laptop to the receiver?
Thanks
gower74

Postby bennie62 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am

You can connect both your iPod and your computer in exactly the same way.

The easiest way is to purchase a mini-to-RCA stereo cable at a Best Buy. It needs to be a male headphone plug on one end, and two stereo (red and white) RCA male plugs on the other. These usually come in 6ft lengths, so you'll probably want to buy a mini (also known as 3.5mm or 1/8" plug) extension cable. These are usually available at most Best Buys, but can take a while to find sometimes. You plug the red and white part into the front of the Kenwood (the ones labeled L and R). Then plug the other end into the computer or iPod headphone jack. Then set the volume at a moderate level on the device, and use the volume of the receiver to change it as desired. Be sure to change the source input on the receiver to whatever the input on the front was labeled. The hard way is to plug them into an available slot in the rear of the unit and run the wires over to where you usually sit.
bennie62

<

Postby broderik80 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 am

you should be able to if there is a red and white audio in input on the back of the receiver
broderik80

Return to iPod