<

How to jailbreak my ipod touch 4.2.1 2nd gen MB model?

Postby otoahhastis79 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:16 pm

I have all the recent I tunes. I've tried green pois0n but it didn't work. I did everything and my device was restarting with the green pois0n loge but my Ipod was completely normal. Also I am using a mac. PLEASE HELP :D.
otoahhastis79

Postby frayn88 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:23 pm

I just did a fresh install of iOS 4.2.1 on my iTouch 2G MC, used the latest version of greenpois0n, and everything runs fine for me.

Here's a screenshot of my jailbroken iPod if you care to see (everything done on my jailbroken iPod was for real and I did not use any cracked apps): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2816447/Jailbroken_iPod_Touch.PNG

For a clean install, just to make sure everything runs properly (note that this will erase everything on your iPod, but you can use iTunes to put everything back on it at the end; if you don't want this, you can skip to step 8 below):

1. Connect iTouch to iTunes
2. Turn iTouch off
3. Put into DFU mode (hold sleep button for 3 seconds, continue to hold sleep and press and hold home button for 10 seconds, release sleep button but continue to hold the home button for 10 seconds)
4. iTunes should recognize your device in DFU mode
5. Shift (Windows) or Alt (Mac) + left-click on restore iPod
6. Choose the iOS firmware file to restore your iPod to (in your case it'll probably be version 4.3.1 or 4.2.1)
Firmware software can be found at: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
7. Wait for iTunes to do the fresh install
8. Use the LATEST VERSION of redsn0w (Windows only) or greenpois0n (Windows/Mac) to do the jailbreaking
9. Once jailbroken, you can use iTunes to put your music/videos/photos back onto your iPod

IMPORTANT
10. Greenpois0n will install a Cydia installer on your iPod, you can use this to install Cydia on your iPod
11. Once you have Cydia on your iPod, you can update it (make sure you have internet connection)
12. Once Cydia is updated, you can use it to install custom themes and whatnot on your iPod

Good luck and I hope you have fun customizing your iPod!
frayn88

<

Postby gregg » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:28 pm

update to 4.3.1 and use redsn0w
gregg

Return to iPod