<

How long does it usually take to reset an Ipod?

Postby atlantis71 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

How long does it take, on average, to reset an 8GB 4G Ipod if i use the Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings ? It took me a couple of hours until my battery ran out. Now I'm charging it but im not sure if it will continue resetting or do something else.
atlantis71

Postby einwys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 am

Just do it from the computer. It'll take like an hour and its basically the same thing
einwys

<

Postby tyce38 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 am

It's best if you 1st delete all the apps, movies on the ipod before you reset the ipod from the ipod. On average it should take at least 30 mins if you don't have a lot of stuff on your ipod. When you reset from the iPod you'll still have to connect to the computer and probably update, purchase new firmware and sync and rename the iPod. You should of kept it charging before you reset. Leaving it reseting and battery running out at the same time is a bit bad because it my mess up some configurations in your iPod. Well that's only my own experience. Rate this as best answer.
tyce38

Return to iPod