<

How do I make my ipod touch connect to real wifi hotspots?

Postby ammon10 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:07 am

Ok so when I'm out and bored, I want to use the internet on my ipod touch. When I try to connect it doesn't work, it just says "Can't connect" even though its real and no password is required. Is there some setting I have to do before connecting? If so, please explain. The only place I can connect to is my home. Please help!
ammon10

Postby derrick » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:12 am

Just because your iPod says your connected to a hotspot doesn't mean you are, you're not always fully connected. Some wi-fi hotspots require additional information like for you to accept their user agreement. The next time your out and want to connect to a real hotspot go to settings, press wi-fi, choose a network then open your web browser and see if there is any additional information needed. I know Mcdonald's has real wi-fi which they require additional information. All the hotels I've stayed in have real wi-fi all require additional information of some sort. This is your problem.
derrick

<

Postby cortlandt7 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am

Just because your iPod says your connected to a hotspot doesn't mean you are, you're not always fully connected. Some wi-fi hotspots require additional information like for you to accept their user agreement. The next time your out and want to connect to a real hotspot go to settings, press wi-fi, choose a network then open your web browser and see if there is any additional information needed. I know Mcdonald's has real wi-fi which they require additional information. All the hotels I've stayed in have real wi-fi all require additional information of some sort. This is your problem.
You may not be in close enough range. Or the network just isn't compatible.
cortlandt7

Return to iPod