<

How do I make an itunes playlist play in order on an ipod?

Postby jacob90 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14 pm

I made a playlist on my itunes and when I play it on my computer it goes in the order i dragged the songs into, but when I play the playlist on my ipod (nano 3rd generation) it jumps around between songs. How do I make it so it will play in the order it's meant to be on my ipod.
jacob90

Postby caith » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 pm

its on shuffle, i dont have an iPod, but its pretty simple to change the settings

and yes, muse is awesome
caith

<

Postby peli » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Im not really familiar with nano's, but when you have your playlist open on itunes, at the bottom left corner of itunes there should be a tool box type thing. The second "tool" is shuffle, if it is blue, then it will shuffle, if it it black, then it will play in order.
peli

Postby donny72 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm

You might have it in Shuffle. But if its not, its the software of the iPod; it doesn't know that it should play it in that order. It just plays it. This might seem a little hard to believe, but maybe try recreating the playlist, but instead add one song at a time. But I think iTunes should allow you to rearrange songs in the playlists you create.

It shows up correctly on mine, but I have the iPod Touch 3rd Generation, 32 GB. So mines with a bunch of new hardware, (not to mention software! xD just got the iOS 4 upgrade and i love it!)
donny72

Postby skye63 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm

You might have it in Shuffle. But if its not, its the software of the iPod; it doesn't know that it should play it in that order. It just plays it. This might seem a little hard to believe, but maybe try recreating the playlist, but instead add one song at a time. But I think iTunes should allow you to rearrange songs in the playlists you create.

It shows up correctly on mine, but I have the iPod Touch 3rd Generation, 32 GB. So mines with a bunch of new hardware, (not to mention software! xD just got the iOS 4 upgrade and i love it!)
YES
skye63

Return to iPod