<

How to remove Offline Mode?

Postby milman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:23 am

I have a Dell PC computer that runs on Windows XP with Firefox Internet. When I open the Internet, my home page comes up, but when I try to navigate away from this page or open a new tab, a message comes up saying: Offline Mode, Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the web., Uncheck 'Work Offline' from the File menu, then try again.

I clicked on 'File,' then on 'Work Offline,' but nothing happened. I right clicked it and it gave me some options to uncheck, but they all just concerned the toolbars and such on my Web Browser. I tried every combination of unchecking and checking the options. Nothing happened.

I have already triple checked all of the wires and cords behind my computer and they are all plugged in and good. It must have something to do with the computer' box becaue it can't be the WiFi or anything since my iPhone, iPod Touch and Laptop still have the connection, Internet service and work fine.

Doe anyone know how to get back Online so that I can browse the Web again?

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. All help you would be appreciated. Thank in advance.
milman

Postby girvyn » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:43 am

I have a Dell PC computer that runs on Windows XP with Firefox Internet. When I open the Internet, my home page comes up, but when I try to navigate away from this page or open a new tab, a message comes up saying: Offline Mode, Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the web., Uncheck 'Work Offline' from the File menu, then try again.

I clicked on 'File,' then on 'Work Offline,' but nothing happened. I right clicked it and it gave me some options to uncheck, but they all just concerned the toolbars and such on my Web Browser. I tried every combination of unchecking and checking the options. Nothing happened.

I have already triple checked all of the wires and cords behind my computer and they are all plugged in and good. It must have something to do with the computer' box becaue it can't be the WiFi or anything since my iPhone, iPod Touch and Laptop still have the connection, Internet service and work fine.

Doe anyone know how to get back Online so that I can browse the Web again?

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. All help you would be appreciated. Thank in advance.
Go to File.Find Work Offline and uncheck it. If it still doesn't work,you're not connected to the internet.Or try using the IE browser;if the same thing happens,you're not connected to the internet.
girvyn

<

Postby bowie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 am

(Please vote best answer)

By the sounds of things, you just want to smack this in the mouth, tell it to quit this nonsense. The verison you are using, hasnt been patched up properly. I did before was to go the route of the problem, and run this addon

Prevents Firefox from enabling/disabling offline mode depending on the network status.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13152/

This add-on will prevent Firefox from automatically enabling and disabling the "Work offline" mode based on the network status. This also prevents Firefox from getting stuck in "work offline" mode when resuming a windows machine from standby or hibernation.

Im sure of it,

if not uninstall firefox.com, uninstall IE. Run Spybot (search and destory) its real off the web. google it. Then reinstall IE (newest verison), check to see if thats stable (not going to offline mode), then install firefox (newest verison), and see if the problem again presists in just firefox.

This will fix all your problems, feel real to contact me for more help at [email protected]

Thanks

Rhos Barnes, MCSE, CCNA
Squamish, BC
bowie

Return to iPod