<

How do i remove the engraving on my itouch?

Postby cortney82 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 am

So i bought an ipod touch off of ebay and it arrived today, i was so excited when i opened the box! but then i had a fit when i saw the dumb engraving of like some dogs or verious pet names. i kinda got very angry, aaaand i kinda want to get rid of it. I was thinking, i have some silver spray paint in my garage, if i dripped it in the engraving and wiped off the access, would if make the engraving unseeable? its not like... chromey spray, but its pretty shiney. I read on the internet to use like... sanding tools or brasso (which got more negative attention) or like... a buncha sandpapers, but i donr really want to mess up the back
cortney82

Postby kleavon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:00 am

So i bought an ipod touch off of ebay and it arrived today, i was so excited when i opened the box! but then i had a fit when i saw the dumb engraving of like some dogs or verious pet names. i kinda got very angry, aaaand i kinda want to get rid of it. I was thinking, i have some silver spray paint in my garage, if i dripped it in the engraving and wiped off the access, would if make the engraving unseeable? its not like... chromey spray, but its pretty shiney. I read on the internet to use like... sanding tools or brasso (which got more negative attention) or like... a buncha sandpapers, but i donr really want to mess up the back
A beautiful case? youll probably get one anyway so why not kill two birds with one stone.
kleavon

<

Postby luthais » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:04 am

There's really not much you can do. You can't sand it off because you'll go through the 'chrome' layer (which is not really chrome but very thin, like chrome). You can't fill it with paint or some other kind of filler because you'd have to sand it after that. Your best bet is to cover it up with contact paper or something, but that's not a really great idea either.
luthais

Postby obadiah1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:10 am

A way for you not or anyone else to see the engraving is to get a case, it also protects the iPod from dents, drops and more :D other from that i don't see a way to get rid of the engraving without ruining the iPod.
obadiah1

Postby tierney » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 am

A way for you not or anyone else to see the engraving is to get a case, it also protects the iPod from dents, drops and more :D other from that i don't see a way to get rid of the engraving without ruining the iPod.
Get a chisel
Just hack it all off
It'll leave you with that rough cut metal look
Which is so totes fashionable right now
Have fun ******* up your iTouch
tierney

Postby maerewine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:21 am

a shiny sharpie should also work... probably a lot safer for your ipod, too...
maerewine

Return to iPod