<

How do i sync music from Windows Media Player to my Ipod Touch?

Postby ysgawyn14 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:14 am

I don't think you can do that, sorry.
ysgawyn14

Postby tasunke59 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:16 am

The way your ipod touch is when you get it, you can't-- even if the songs are in the right format, you still have to use iTunes. When companies get really big like Microsoft and Apple, they try to own everything, including the music format you listen to and the way you copy music from your computer to your device.

There is one solution: jailbreak your ipod touch (google around to find out how). Then you'll be able to just copy/paste files from your computer to your touch (no more stupid "syncing" or using iTunes). Jailbreaking allows other benefits/freedoms as well (such as the ability to install any apps, not just ones from the App Store), and there's no risk because if you ever wanted to (which you wouldn't), you could reset your touch to its factory defaults.
tasunke59

<

Postby forbes30 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:21 am

The way your ipod touch is when you get it, you can't-- even if the songs are in the right format, you still have to use iTunes. When companies get really big like Microsoft and Apple, they try to own everything, including the music format you listen to and the way you copy music from your computer to your device.

There is one solution: jailbreak your ipod touch (google around to find out how). Then you'll be able to just copy/paste files from your computer to your touch (no more stupid "syncing" or using iTunes). Jailbreaking allows other benefits/freedoms as well (such as the ability to install any apps, not just ones from the App Store), and there's no risk because if you ever wanted to (which you wouldn't), you could reset your touch to its factory defaults.
Unfortunately, you can't. The music formats are different.

Windows Media Player (wmp) uses the .wma format, but will play .mp3's. Other formats too, but you're interested in the format differences between these two.

If your wmp songs are mp3's, then you can just drag them to the iTunes music library.

If they are in the .wma format, you'll have to convert them to .mp3 format.
forbes30

Return to iPod