<

How would I know if my iPod has a virus?

Postby anwir79 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:54 am

If it's behaving whacky in any way then you'd need to scan it with your virus scanning software to find out. But unless the device is jailbroken, it's highly unlikely it will ever get a virus.
anwir79

Postby lonzo69 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 am

Just ignore the people who are convinced the iOS can't get viruses. Anything you can purchase stuff on can get infected.

If your iPod has a virus, it'll have the same problems your computer will have if it gets infected; for example, it'll run at a snail's pace, stuff will appear on your iPod that you know you didn't put on it, apps will crash a lot, etc. Anything out of the ordinary that your iPod doesn't normally do.

As for getting rid of the virus, I'm not sure (unless you have a jailbroken iPod Touch; then you can purchase software for getting rid of the virus).
lonzo69

<

Postby osmund » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 am

you dont have a virus. ios cant get viruses

are you experiencing problems with your ipod try to restore it by

Make sure you have iTunes the program installed on your computer and it's running. Plug the iPod Touch into the computer (into a 2.0 compatible USB port) using the USB charging cable the iPod Touch came with. We are looking for the iPod Touch to show up in iTunes on the left hand side under the devices category. If the iPod Touch does not show up instantly the computer may be having issues recognizing the iPod Touch is plugged in. Try plugging the iPod Touch into the back of the computer if you are on a desktop computer or another USB port if you are on a laptop computer.
When the iPod Touch shows up in iTunes on the left hand side under the devices category, click on the name of the iPod Touch (in most cases it will say "owner's ipod" or "your name's ipod") to navigate to the summary tab. Once you are at the summary tab (you should be seeing a larger image of your iPod Touch on the screen with the name, capacity, software version and serial number) hit the button in the "versions" section that says "restore."
Once you hit the restore button iTunes will ask you if you are sure you want to restore your iPod Touch. It is essential you do not backup your iPod Touch or restore from a backup because if you were having issues with the software before, the restore from a backup will just put the same issue on the iPod Touch again. Hit restore/okay to continue restoring the iPod Touch. The whole process can take up to a half hour depending on how much content is on the iPod Touch.

it doesnt matter if your jailbroken or not you ipod touches cant get virueses
osmund

Postby sterne » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:07 am

you would probly know if its a jail-broken ipod touch, but if its not, then you cant get one, there kinda like the iMac computers... IOS format thing.
sterne

Postby keegan80 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:12 am

there arnt any viruses made for ipods, or the ios platform
its impossible to get a virus
keegan80

Postby hayyim56 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:22 am

there arnt any viruses made for ipods, or the ios platform
its impossible to get a virus
If it starts randomly playing Taylor Swift's music, I'd say that's a nasty virus!
hayyim56

Postby teodor1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:25 am

If you hear Justin bieber singing from your ipod thats a sign u got a virus
teodor1

Postby bran » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:30 am

There's no such thing as a virus on iOS platform
bran

Return to iPod