<

Is it illegal to look out your window, if it is close to your neighbours window?

Is it illegal to look out your window, if it is close to your neighbours window?

Postby duer57 » Sun Dec 04, 1988 4:35 pm

So I looked out my window the one night and it faces my neighbours window. A few day later they thought i was taking pictures out of my window and now are accusing me, even though i didn’t even look out my window!! What should i do? i wasn't taking pics from my window. It could've possibly been my Ipod but I’m not to sure, its not that bright. They rung my door bell at 11pm at night and threatened to enter my house. The situation is that I was accused (I’m a kid) by a lady who is the mother of some kid who is jealous and is a sort of a bully.
So I looked out my window the one night and it faces my neighbours window. A few day later they thought i was taking pictures out of my window and now are accusing me, even though i didn’t even look out my window!! What should i do? i wasn't taking pics from my window. It could've possibly been my Ipod but I’m not to sure, its not that bright. They rung my door bell at 11pm at night and threatened to enter my house. The situation is that I was accused (I’m a kid) by a lady who is the mother of some kid who is jealous and is a sort of a bully.
duer57

Postby owynn » Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:45 pm

What?? Where are your parents?? If anything, it is illegal to threaten a child that they will come in your house, especially at 11pm. You need to tell your parents or someone you trust about this lady and your situation. Until then, unfortunately I wouldn't look out this particular window because this lady want's to mess with you. Also, if she has a such a problem with it she would close her blinds.

Edit: I'm sorry, I don't want you to think you can't look out your window, you can, of course. But she's harassing you so I would stop for a little while until you can get an adult to talk to her so you can be left alone.
owynn

<

Postby felding » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:47 am

I actually think you can take pictures or do whatever you want. If they don't like it, they can put some shades up.
felding

Postby cant51 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:07 am

No I mean it's your window you have rights to look out it right. It's not their window and can't accuse you for looking out of it?
cant51

Postby arleigh34 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:07 pm

The burden of proof is on them to prove that you did something wrong. They won't be able to, since you did nothing wrong.
arleigh34

Postby ardleigh29 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 am

Look out it all you want. It's your window;if they don't want you to see then they should fold the blinds down the window.
ardleigh29

Postby delmore » Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Look out it all you want. It's your window;if they don't want you to see then they should fold the blinds down the window.
No it not illegal its your window just don't stare in her house or w.e & tell her to stfu nobodies looking at her . :-D
delmore

Postby magnus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 am

At this point it's your word against theirs. If you encourage them to file charges, and allow a search of your room for all possible electronics, they can essentially prove that you didn't take any photos, or you've destroyed any evidence. With you're statement, as well as lack of any evidence, they will have to drop charges. If there are any court fees on your end, you can use a civil case to sue for reimbursement of court fees, emotional distress, invasion of privacy, harassment, wrongful accusation, and probably a couple other things. I'm not saying I like the way the legal system works, but it works in it's own mysterious way.
magnus

Postby hud » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 pm

no..
hud

Postby ealadhach » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 pm

ealadhach

Return to iPod