<

My iMessage thing won't work on my iPod touch 4g. ?

Postby raghallach » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:23 pm

What do I do?!? It keeps saying "an error has occurred. Try again" help me!!
raghallach

Postby delmor64 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 pm

What do I do?!? It keeps saying "an error has occurred. Try again" help me!!
Has iMessage worked on your iPod touch in the past?

First, make sure you have the latest iOS 5 software purchase. You can check this in the setting > general > about > version 5.1.1.

Next, check setting > messages > and click to turn on iMessage and you'll probably have to put a receive at (enter a email address that you want others to message you).

Also, iMessage uses wifi to send messages, so you need to make sure you're connected to wifi: setting > wi-fi > connect to a network.

If iMessage is set up properly, and wifi is on, you should be able to message other iMessage users. Also, it might help to restart your ipod, by pressing the top button and home square button at the same time until until the slide to power off appears on top. To turn it back on, just press the two buttons again.

Best of luck, hope this helps.
delmor64

<

Postby penleigh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I've seen others with this problem... I just bought my iPod last night and I found out that iMessage and FaceTime wasn't working... I thought maybe it was the iPod but it seems that others are having this problem. Only fix that I know is restore and use a backup. This only fixes texts though not pics or vids
penleigh

Return to iPod