<

Ipod 4th gen is locked how to take off passcode?

Postby devyn76 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 pm

im really getting t'd off because i bought it last night and i put a password on i but i cant remember wtf i set it to..and since it locked i cant connect to itunes for restore..i dont care about losing any thng its brand new not realy much on it ..any one kno what i could do.
devyn76

Postby noach86 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 pm

First off, I would like to say that if you stole this, return it, but, I will assume that you really did forget yuor password. Happens to the best of us

What I would try is putting it in DFU mode.

Plug your ipod into the computer, and turn it off. hold the power button for 5 seconds, then hold the home button. Hold those two for 15 seconds. Then, release the power button but still hold the home button. After a bit of holding the home button you should get the connect to itunes screen. Simply open itunes and restore
noach86

<

Postby garwyn46 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:42 pm

First off, I would like to say that if you stole this, return it, but, I will assume that you really did forget yuor password. Happens to the best of us

What I would try is putting it in DFU mode.

Plug your ipod into the computer, and turn it off. hold the power button for 5 seconds, then hold the home button. Hold those two for 15 seconds. Then, release the power button but still hold the home button. After a bit of holding the home button you should get the connect to itunes screen. Simply open itunes and restore
Restore, using this guide: http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/assistant/ipodtouch/#section_5
Before you restore, put it into recovery mode using this guide: http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/assistant/ipodtouch/#section_1
But do not turn on the iPod.
garwyn46

Postby cacanisius47 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Have you tried plugging it into your computer? It used to work with the old models.
cacanisius47

Postby beval » Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Google is your best friend in this situation
beval

Postby naaman50 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 pm

bring it to the person you stole it from
naaman50

Return to iPod