<

Ipod broken, battery won't charge?

Postby maed » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:21 am

my iPod won't charge.
I have tried everything!
i've tried using different cables, i've tried all the buttons, i've checked everything on my computer is correct but it still wont do anything!
when i press the buttons, the apple symbol comes up, then a red cross comes up with a link to the apple support website. (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1463)
there it says that i need to put the ipod into disk mode and restore it, but in order for this to be done it needs to be fully charged :(
pleease someone help me? it's been like this for like, 3 months and i'm dying without my ipod lol :) x
maed

Postby mynogan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 am

try reseting it... Press the on button and home button at the same time and it should work. Hope everything is ok.
mynogan

<

Postby yogi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:36 am

if you already tried letting it sit plugged in for at least overnight and it still doesn't have enough battery life to restore, my next question would be if you dropped it or got water in it. i accidentally put mine through the washer and it took a few days to dry out, sit on the charger before it would start up. If not, do a google search for ipod repair and i think there is a reliable website that does ipod repairs for $25.
yogi

Postby xun81 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:38 am

if you already tried letting it sit plugged in for at least overnight and it still doesn't have enough battery life to restore, my next question would be if you dropped it or got water in it. i accidentally put mine through the washer and it took a few days to dry out, sit on the charger before it would start up. If not, do a google search for ipod repair and i think there is a reliable website that does ipod repairs for $25.
Geek Squad at Best Buy. It worked for me
xun81

Return to iPod