<

Ipod in Rice. How Long?

Ipod in Rice. How Long?

Postby diego » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 am

How long should I put my ipod in rice to get out the water?
Here's the story:
Today I came upstairs and noticed that my ipod was in the toilet! I don't know how long it was in there for but I was freaking out. I got it out and dried the outside with a towel and put in a bowl of rice. How long should I keep it in the rice for? My ipod is my LIFE! I do everything on it and talk to everyone on it and I can't lose it! Please Help!
diego

Ipod in Rice. How Long?

Postby kaleem » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am

Heres what you SHOULD do:
Pry the case open and dry it separate from the insides(I'm assuming you have an itouch/iphone. Either way you should take the case off)
DO NOT charge it or try to turn it on.
Leave the insides of the ipod in UNCOOKED (I've met people who had trouble with this, believe it or not) rice for 1-2 days. Then reassemble it and plug it in to the charger. If it gets super hot, take it apart again and put it back in the rice overnight.
I hope for the best.
kaleem

<

Ipod in Rice. How Long?

Postby ranald » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am

Heres what you SHOULD do:
Pry the case open and dry it separate from the insides(I'm assuming you have an itouch/iphone. Either way you should take the case off)
DO NOT charge it or try to turn it on.
Leave the insides of the ipod in UNCOOKED (I've met people who had trouble with this, believe it or not) rice for 1-2 days. Then reassemble it and plug it in to the charger. If it gets super hot, take it apart again and put it back in the rice overnight.
I hope for the best.
For dayz
ranald

Ipod in Rice. How Long?

Postby renfield » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am

leave it in the rice for 24hrs
renfield

Return to iPod