<

My ipod says its connected to internet, but it wont work?

Postby morcar95 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Sooo, my itouch is a 3G, approximately 2 years old. it's been working absolutely fine until one morning when the internet doesnt work. By that, i dont mean it wont connect. I mean next to the internet thing in settings, there's a check mark, indicating that its connected to that. On the top left corner it has the little blue wifi thing also. So im guessing it's definetly connected to the internet. But when i go on safari or facebook, it says i have no internet connection.. I've tried 'renewing lease' on the wifi settings, but nothing happened. I've also tried turning the wifi off and back on, still nothing. I've tried resetting my itouch (the top button and the home button) and when i turned it back on, it still says i have internet. But it wont let me go on anything.. Is my ipod's wireless broken or what. Anyone have the same problem? I really need it to work so please help me if you know.. & would apple store give me a new one if i go and tell them my problem? im guessing no since its 2 years old.. but still. Anything would be helpful. thannks (:
morcar95

Postby weallere » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Try doing this:

-Go to settings
-Tap "General"
-Scroll down to the bottom and tap "Reset"
-Then tap "Reset Network Settings"

This will reset just your saved WiFi's. Reconnect and then see what happens.
weallere

Return to iPod