<

My ipod says its connected to wifi but when I try to use the internet it won't let me??!!?

My ipod says its connected to wifi but when I try to use the internet it won't let me??!!?

Postby kaleb62 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 am

I'm getting REALLY annoyed here!! Alright, I log into my wifi thing and I tried to go to my friend's site, and it said, "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet.". >.< It has the little check mark next to my network when I check the wifi. Why won't it work?? I've got 4th gen btw.

~Meagan's sister.
kaleb62

Postby heall » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 am

The best way to find out whether your internet connection is working is to use your weather app on the iPod touch.. The iPod Touch can be connected to a wi-fi network but not be connected to the internet for a number of reasons..
If the wireless network is your own, you could check the internet status on another device.. if it is public, use the weather app on your iPod touch, if it doesn't update immediately, the internet service is down, and its not your fault, nor your device's..
good luck
heall

<

Postby fausto39 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:15 am

The best way to find out whether your internet connection is working is to use your weather app on the iPod touch.. The iPod Touch can be connected to a wi-fi network but not be connected to the internet for a number of reasons..
If the wireless network is your own, you could check the internet status on another device.. if it is public, use the weather app on your iPod touch, if it doesn't update immediately, the internet service is down, and its not your fault, nor your device's..
good luck
Look at your modem. There should be three or more lights, if the one labled Internet isn't blinking or lit up, your iPod won't work simple as that, no matter what your signal says. It's just empty signal without the Internet connection
fausto39

Return to iPod