<

My iPod touch 4th gen battery dies really fast?

Postby leeland » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:52 pm

I charge my ipod on my ihome at night. This morning I woke up and it was completely charged. I used it for about an hour today, then left it on my desk for 7 hours. When I came back the battery was at about 10%. There wasn't anything running, no games or apps or music or anything, it was in standby mode. Why is my battery dying so fast?
leeland

Postby arthgallo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Note: don't listen to becca b. she's wrong.
Yeah used to happen with me too. The new ipod touch comes with a new feature called multitasking. That also means that simply pressing the home button won't actually turn off the apps. So probably the reason your battery is going down so fast is because all your apps are running all the time.

To turn them off, go the the home screen, then just hit the home button twice fast. It should pull up a new little thing at the bottom showing all the apps that are running. Then hold down one of the app icon until they start jiggling. then just hit the little red minus signs on all of them. this just turns them off. it doesn't delete them.
arthgallo

<

Postby barkley17 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm not an expert but it could be your I home. I have heard that some methods of charging work better than others. Try plugging it into your computer to charge or an outlet and see if it changes. If not than i don't know except, try turning it all the way off when not in use and see if that works. If not that, then contact apple.
barkley17

Postby adamka86 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm not an expert but it could be your I home. I have heard that some methods of charging work better than others. Try plugging it into your computer to charge or an outlet and see if it changes. If not than i don't know except, try turning it all the way off when not in use and see if that works. If not that, then contact apple.
hey did you leave it on that might be the problem . i got the 4g too and i always turn it off if im not using and i always charge it when im using . get a charger that can plug in into a computer if you have a job that uses computer
adamka86

Postby dom15 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:22 pm

hey did you leave it on that might be the problem . i got the 4g too and i always turn it off if im not using and i always charge it when im using . get a charger that can plug in into a computer if you have a job that uses computer
Your battery is slowly running out.
The more you unplug and replug and unplug and replug your Ipod, it begins to degrade itself. My macbook MUST be plugged in, as its battery can no longer hold a charge. I'm buying a new one soon!
Take the Ipod to the Apple store and buy a new battery, get some help from the Apple geniuses, etc. Search online for a 3rd party battery as the Apple ones tend to be expensive.
ALSO, don't buy a new battery yet. It's a waste as they are VERY expensive, and your ipod can still last 7 hours on standby. My macbook doesn't last a second.
I'm not too familiar with the Ipod touch, but on mac osx, at the top bar at the top of the screen, the battery icon beside the volume on the right not only tells how much battery is charged, but how much life your battery still has... (How many recharges it can handle)
dom15

Return to iPod