<

"My iPod touch could not be restored, an unknown error occured (11)"?

Postby bleecker » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 am

Hi there, thanks for answering my question. A while back, i accidentally updated to iOS 5.1 (when there was no untethered jailbreak available), luckily, i had my iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved. So, using iFaith V1.4.2, i created a custom IPSW, used iREB to put my iPod Touch 4G into pwned DFU mode, and then restored my iPod Touch back to iOS 5.0.1. However, since there is now an Untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1, and i am currently having trouble with apps crashing,etc. On 5.0.1, i decided to update to ios 5.1.1. However, i am having much trouble with updating. First of all, i purchase the 5.1.1 IPSW file from a website (iDownloadblog.com), and put my iPod touch into recovery mode, to prepare for shift-clicking on the "restore" button, and then selecting the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file. I did this, but i got the error code "My iPod touch could not be restored, an unknown error occured (21)". So, since i had error codes previously, when trying to restore, i located the "hosts" file in C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc. I deleted all lines with the address "gs.apple.com". However, i did that, put my iPod touch into recovery mode, and tried to restore again. Then i got error code 11 when trying to restore. Now fed up with error codes, I turned on the iPod touch normally, and shift-clicked restore again, and selected the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW. It was about to restore, when iTunes put my iPod touch into recovery mode, and then came up with error code "21". I tried turning off my iPod Touch by the Home and Power buttons, and then turning it back on normally, like i had previously, but when i turn it back on, my iPod just restarts in recovery mode. I thought about putting my iPod Touch into pwned DFU mode via iReb, and then restoring to a custom 5.1.1 IPSW, but since iReb requires my iPod Touch to be turned off to start with, and my iPod Touch just restarts in recovery mode when it is turned off and plugged in, using iReb would not be possible. I have tried "googling" my situation for help, but i have had no luck. PLEASE HELP ME!
bleecker

Postby forbes » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:39 am

have you tried ringing up apple care or taking it into a store for a techie to fix??? or any mates who might know???
forbes

Return to iPod