<

IPod Touch does not give sound without headphones, so will it work on a docking station?

IPod Touch does not give sound without headphones, so will it work on a docking station?

Postby rainhard » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:17 pm

My iPod touch has not given any sound on apps or music or other usage for a while now unless I plug in the headphones. The sound regulator at the side does nothing unless hp's plugged in, the volume bar on video's similarly does not appear unless hp's plugged in. Oddly enough, the alarm still works on medium volume setting but you cannot change the level of sound.

My question is though: if I buy a docking station for it, will the iPod touch work in this condition? With headphones the sound is perfectly fine but since there's not a peep out of it without them and it does not even seem to acknowedge there being such a thing as 'sound' or 'volume' I wonder if whatever is broken is essential to it working on a docking station.
rainhard

Postby vagn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:21 pm

My iPod touch has not given any sound on apps or music or other usage for a while now unless I plug in the headphones. The sound regulator at the side does nothing unless hp's plugged in, the volume bar on video's similarly does not appear unless hp's plugged in. Oddly enough, the alarm still works on medium volume setting but you cannot change the level of sound.

My question is though: if I buy a docking station for it, will the iPod touch work in this condition? With headphones the sound is perfectly fine but since there's not a peep out of it without them and it does not even seem to acknowedge there being such a thing as 'sound' or 'volume' I wonder if whatever is broken is essential to it working on a docking station.
Yes, it certainly will.
vagn

<

Postby isidro85 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 pm

If I were you I prolly would not buy the dock, I would go have it looked at a radio-shack or something like that.
isidro85

Postby richman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 pm

if you buy a dock that is compatible with your ipod touch, I'm certain it will work
richman

Return to iPod