<

My iPod touch says it has headphones in it when it really doesn't?

Postby kelsey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:35 pm

So, today when I got home from school, i went upstairs to go play my iPod touch (4th generation), but the sound wasn't working. I looked at the side of it, and turned up the volume. All the little squares were white, meaning the volume was all the way up. But at the top of the little gray box, it said headphones, meaning a pair of headphones were plugged in. But they weren't. I looked into the headphone hole thinking something was jammed in the hole making it say that there were headphones in it. But there was nothing in there, Does anybody have any ideas? My dad will be home soon, and he just got the iPhone, and he isn't good with technology, so we sit together and I show him how to do stuff on the iPhone. If the volume isn't on, he'll be angry with me thinking that I broke it. Can anybody help me??? I REALLY need help, because I just got this for Hanukkah! Please, Please help me!! Oh... and I also spilt water on it... but it has a case, so I don't know if the iPod itself got wet. Can that have to do with it? Can you help me? Please? I'll love you forever!! I'm sorry, I won't its just a joke me and my friend have together! HAHA! Just, please help me!! I <3 u all! =]
kelsey

Postby bernhald19 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

So, today when I got home from school, i went upstairs to go play my iPod touch (4th generation), but the sound wasn't working. I looked at the side of it, and turned up the volume. All the little squares were white, meaning the volume was all the way up. But at the top of the little gray box, it said headphones, meaning a pair of headphones were plugged in. But they weren't. I looked into the headphone hole thinking something was jammed in the hole making it say that there were headphones in it. But there was nothing in there, Does anybody have any ideas? My dad will be home soon, and he just got the iPhone, and he isn't good with technology, so we sit together and I show him how to do stuff on the iPhone. If the volume isn't on, he'll be angry with me thinking that I broke it. Can anybody help me??? I REALLY need help, because I just got this for Hanukkah! Please, Please help me!! Oh... and I also spilt water on it... but it has a case, so I don't know if the iPod itself got wet. Can that have to do with it? Can you help me? Please? I'll love you forever!! I'm sorry, I won't its just a joke me and my friend have together! HAHA! Just, please help me!! I <3 u all! =]
Try restoring it on Itunes or try putting it on DFU mode meaning you hold the power and home button till the apple logo comes then let go. And as for the water, Ive got my ipod touch 4G get many splashed it it still works perfectly.
bernhald19

<

Postby scott35 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Call apple's (800) number and ask for support but don't say the part about the water :p!
scott35

Postby manneville » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:02 pm

The water almost definitely caused the problem. I have the same problem my phone which has an mp3 player in it. I got a few small splashes of water on it and one day the headset symbol appeared on the screen without a headset actually being plugged into the phone and it's been like that for months now. I took it to a repair shop and they said that it's most likely water damage that caused it so they wouldn't even try to fix it for me.

They knew it was water damage because if you take out the battery there's usually a little sticker on the side of it that turns a color when it comes into contact with even the smallest amount of water. The sticker is usually white and turns red when it has been in contact with water.

Sorry, but unless you have insurance on the phone there's not a lot you can do about it. You could try to bring it to a repair shop and see if they'll have a look at it for you.

Good luck
manneville

Return to iPod