<

Ipod touch stuck at skull logo?!?

Postby jaden » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Recently I tried to restore my iPod Touch to factory settings. I bought it from some kid and it was jailbroken but it kept messing up and crashing a lot and I don't know anything about it, so being the dipshit I am I went and tried to restore it to factory settings, figuring that would be safest. But it wasn't plugged into the computers (iTunes) and now I think I messed it up because it is stuck at this skull loading logo thing. For a few minutes it will be an apple , then it will change to the skull again. Please tell me how I can fix this, or where I can take my iPod to get it fixed. Please! Thank you!
jaden

Postby hieremias54 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Looks like you have a 'greenpois0n' jailbreak, which is done directly from the device. But looks like the firmware has been corrupt or the jailbreak did not complete fully.
If you want to restore to factory settings then:
first plug the ipod into the computer through sync cable.
then turn iPod off completely. (if holding the power/sleep button doesn't work then hold both the power button and the square button on the front of the device until it turns off, It will restart then, so quickly let go off the power button but keep holding the front button the ipod will then go into either DFU mode (Device Firmware Upgrade mode) or restore mode from there itunes will detect the ipod and you will be able to restore to the latest firmware release for the device.

Hope this will fix your problem,
hieremias54

<

Postby hutton91 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:52 pm

The easiest way do fix it, is to just delete EVERYTHING, (except photos). Then turn it off and let it rest for a while, turn it back on, and go to the app store. If the app has already been bought on the same account you do NOT have to pay for them again. Also, you might want to contact apple for help.
hutton91

Return to iPod