<

Ipod touch white screen wont reset?

Postby omarr » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 pm

a couple days ago my ipod touch (first gen) just decided not to connect to my computer anymore then it shut off and didnt want to come back on. this morning i woke up at 6 and saw a bright white light on my night stand - it was my ipod suddenly come back to life! but its stuck on a white screen - wont turn off or reset. also when i plug it into my computer it says device not recognized ive updated itunes updated my apps disconnected reconnected tried to reset tried to turn it off run the diagnostics which say everything is in working order but that there is not ipod connected to this computer
what should i do now?

(aside from taking it to a genius or buying a new one i dont have the money.)
omarr

Postby squire » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 pm

It has happened to me alot...
1) Put it in recovery mode by holding both sleep and home button then release the sleep then connect to itunes and restore
2) If that didn`t work purchase greenpoison and then you will have to jailbreak it
squire

<

Postby athmore » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

It has happened to me alot...
1) Put it in recovery mode by holding both sleep and home button then release the sleep then connect to itunes and restore
2) If that didn`t work purchase greenpoison and then you will have to jailbreak it
Visit the link in my source... there are multiple methods on how to fix the white screen of death on your iPod Touch. Trust me i know for a fact because mine had the same problem and I got it working again. Its better than pitching out the big bucks at Apple for a new one.
athmore

Postby erwin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:48 pm

take it to genius!!!
erwin

Postby madntyre97 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Umm....how old is ur iPod
madntyre97

Return to iPod