<

My ipod touch won't boot past the apple logo and won't be picked up on the computer at all. Any help?

My ipod touch won't boot past the apple logo and won't be picked up on the computer at all. Any help?

Postby vince » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Alright, so I have this old iPod Touch first generation and it's acting up. I can't get it to boot past the apple logo at all. I'll hit the power button, it'll stay on the apple logo for about twenty seconds and then shuts off. I've already tried plugging it in to a wall charger and the computer, but no luck. The computer doesn't seem to pick it up at all. I've heard about restoring it, but I can't do that unless the computer actually picks up on the device. Also, the headphone jack was almost destroyed when my little sister got some water on the unit. Do you think that's the cause? Any help here? I'd like to fix it myself, and hopefully for real, since I have no money. Any suggestions? Because I know Apple will just tell me that they can't fix it because it's too old and that I have to buy a new one, which I cannot afford. Any help would be great! Thanks! :)
vince

Postby darweshi16 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 pm

i had the same problem. no worry s, hold the top button and the bottom button.
for 15 seconds the release the top button but keep the bottom one held.
your ipod should be plugged into your computer while your doing this.after about 10 more seconds release the bottom button. it will put your ipod into recovery mode thats when you can restore it.
this should help =] good luck
darweshi16

<

Postby townly35 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm

oh no problem. any other probs let me know
townly35

Postby struan52 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Hold the home button and power button at the same time for like 20 seconds.
The "Slide to turn off" thing will pop up, but just keep hold the home and power button down. It should restart on its own. :)
struan52

Postby ben63 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 pm

To completely resore:

Hold power button for 3 seconds

Hold power+home for 10 seconds

Release power, hold home for 15 seconds

If you need help with this, search "how to put iPhone into recovery mode" on my friend's site.

------------

Once you've don't this, plug you iPod back into iTunes, click your iPod's nam on the left, then click restore from back-up and choose the latest back-up date. You iPod will now have all the previous settings and content as before and will hopefully work. If this doesn't work, it must be the iPod itself that has broken.
ben63

Postby vanderpool46 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm

How did this start? If you purchase the new OS it may have been that. Try updating iTunes to the most recent version and plug it in again. The same thing happened to me with I upgraded the OS without having the newest iTunes. Or it may have to do with the water damage. If it got wet recently try putting it in a bag of rice for two days or so and the moisture will be drawn out. I hope that works for you! Good luck!
vanderpool46

Return to iPod