<

My ipod won't charge and keeps disconnecting from my computer?

Postby mekledoodum32 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:47 am

So Lately my Ipod has been randomly disconnecting from my computer. It won't charge either. It connects then disconnects about 10 times then it won't connect. Also i get the message: Charging not supported with this accesory on my Ipod. I'm using textplus and this has never happend before. Also when it does connect and start to charge if i like touch it it disconnects. I've tried blowing and stuff but it doesn't help

Any help please?

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1
mekledoodum32

Postby barrick65 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:51 am

So Lately my Ipod has been randomly disconnecting from my computer. It won't charge either. It connects then disconnects about 10 times then it won't connect. Also i get the message: Charging not supported with this accesory on my Ipod. I'm using textplus and this has never happend before. Also when it does connect and start to charge if i like touch it it disconnects. I've tried blowing and stuff but it doesn't help

Any help please?

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1
Sounds like it might just be some type of software issue, Try connecting it to your computer with the USB, put it in recovery mode and restore your iPod, this will however erase all data on the iPod and only leave the stuff that came on the iPod. If that doesn't work it is a hardware issue, and you'll have to take it to an Apple store for repair.
barrick65

<

Postby shonn23 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:55 am

The cord might be third party, I don't think it's legitimate.
shonn23

Return to iPod