<

ITunes won't let me delete songs off of my iPod?

Postby garth47 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I am on iTunes and I clicked on my iPod, and then I click on the music on my iPod.
I want to delete songs, but it won't let me. I tried highlighting the song and pushing delete, and when I right-click the song(s) the only option I have is "get info" and "rating".

Does anyone know what is wrong?
garth47

Postby tanner56 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm not sure if i understand the situation but here's what you can try. What i do is.....step1: on itunes click on the song you want to take off so its highlighted. Step 2: hit the delete key on your keyboard it might ask it you want to delete it from all files if you hit YES it will delete it from all ur itunes files. if you say NO it will take it off your itunes but its still in ur itunes file therefor its still on ur comp. Step 3: if it successfully removed it off your itunes just sync ur ipod and it will be gone.
tanner56

<

Postby hillock » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm not sure if i understand the situation but here's what you can try. What i do is.....step1: on itunes click on the song you want to take off so its highlighted. Step 2: hit the delete key on your keyboard it might ask it you want to delete it from all files if you hit YES it will delete it from all ur itunes files. if you say NO it will take it off your itunes but its still in ur itunes file therefor its still on ur comp. Step 3: if it successfully removed it off your itunes just sync ur ipod and it will be gone.
Uncheck the checkmark in the box next to the song(s) you no longer want on your iPod. Then sync your iPod and it should no longer be on.
hillock

Postby finnin15 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm

isn't your ipod saved to your itunes? you should click the first selection (Music) instead of having to plug in your ipod and then deleting the music from there.
finnin15

Return to iPod