<

Itunes won't let me downgrade to jailbreak,?

Postby symon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

ok i have an ipod touch 3rd gen 8gb running on 4.2.1 and i purchase the firmware i want to downgrade to but it doesnt let me . there is an error message saying firmware file not compatible i am a vista user so no i cant purchase any mac items and i purchase my firmware from felixburns
symon

Postby goldwin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:24 am

THE PROBLEM IS THAT IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR SHSH BLOBS SAVED FROM 4.2.1, YOU CANT DOWNGRADE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its pointless to try...just wait for the 4.2.1 untethered greenpois0n rc5...a few days
goldwin

<

Postby cristofor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

THE PROBLEM IS THAT IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR SHSH BLOBS SAVED FROM 4.2.1, YOU CANT DOWNGRADE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its pointless to try...just wait for the 4.2.1 untethered greenpois0n rc5...a few days
If you want to downgrade follow these instructions:
http://www.idevicenews.co.uk/Downgrade.html

Check this site for the latest updates on jailbreaking and unlocks. A new jailbreak/unlock is expected to be soon.
It also gives you everything you need including jailbreaks, unlocks, installous, firmwares etc etc
Hope that helps.
http://www.idevicenews.co.uk
cristofor

Postby juha9 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:41 am

I had the same problem when i did this a week ago. Make sure you have the latest itunes update. That is about all you can do
juha9

Postby edmond95 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 am

uninstall itunes then purchase the installer for a previous version tehn your home real you should be able to keep your library in tact
edmond95

Return to iPod