<

Locked out of ipod touch from passcode?

Postby royal37 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 am

soo heres my crazy story: i had a passcode on my ipod touch 4g(if that means anything) and i forgot my passcode so it locked me out of my ipod :(now when i press the home button it says ipod disabled connect to itunes. so i did so. and it says itunes could not connect to the ipod "Carleys ipod.2" because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter your passcode on the ipod before it can be used with itunes. but it wont let me enter the passcode on my ipod. so i started looking into ways to fix it up and it says to plug it into the computer you first ever sync with the ipod. well thats my laptop that i use all the time. and since i was wondering that my laptop got a virus and had to get it all restarted and lost everything i wanted to know if that would mess things up. i would appericiate any advice or help that you could give me.
royal37

Postby mihaly » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 am

that happened to me before, so i know exactly how you feel. did you ever change your password before? if you did think of those other passcodes and type them in, or think of passcodes that you might have used.
plug your ipod into your computer and have it sync. if it syncs hold down the on/off button and home button at the same time, that will restart the ipod. Let it restart. Once it restarts, the ipod will turn back on,(it will be just like you got a new ipod) then u plug it in again and sync all your apps and songs back on your ipod. and then write down your passcode so you dont forget it. :] i hope this helps.
mihaly

<

Postby reynold89 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:12 am

try restoring your ipod on itunes ; if that doesn't work maybe try holding the home button for fifteen seconds ! GOOD LUCK : ) !
reynold89

Postby trevls » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:13 am

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_reset_a_forgotten_iPod_password
trevls

Return to iPod