<

I need to find out my wifi password? I just got an ipod touch, i need the wifi password to do certain things o?

I need to find out my wifi password? I just got an ipod touch, i need the wifi password to do certain things o?

Postby garan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I need to find out my wifi password?
I just got an ipod touch, i need the wifi password to do certain things on it, i have a linksys wireless-G 2.4 broadband router
garan

Postby brus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:12 pm

WiFi passwords are usually printed on the router as many people dont bother putting any security on their routers when they get them, so that would be the first place to try.

If its not on the router then youll need to gain access to the router, which can be done by:

Go into a web browser(any will do)

type in 192.168.1.1

it will ask you to log into the router, assuming youve not changed the password or username they should both be
Username: Admin
Password: Admin

once your in the router settings there will usually be a wireless security section showing your WiFi password
brus

<

Postby mannuss11 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Type into a web browser 192.168.0.1 if nothing pops up try 192.168.1.1

Then you will need to login. Likely the username and password will be

Username: (leave this blank)
Password: admin

If not try typing admin in both blanks.

Now from this point it's up to your computer prowess really. You have to navigate through the pages on your router to find the page where the security settings are. Likely it will be labeled "Wireless" (as it is on mine) or maybe even "Security." If it says "WEP" somewhere on the page you've found it. Your Wifi pass should be somewhere on the page. On my router it is labeled as "Key1"
mannuss11

Postby o » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Type into a web browser 192.168.0.1 if nothing pops up try 192.168.1.1

Then you will need to login. Likely the username and password will be

Username: (leave this blank)
Password: admin

If not try typing admin in both blanks.

Now from this point it's up to your computer prowess really. You have to navigate through the pages on your router to find the page where the security settings are. Likely it will be labeled "Wireless" (as it is on mine) or maybe even "Security." If it says "WEP" somewhere on the page you've found it. Your Wifi pass should be somewhere on the page. On my router it is labeled as "Key1"
You will need to login to your router to see your passwords. If it has the default factory passwords still just google the model number of your router and you will find the default passwords.
o

Postby lear71 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 pm

There are two ways you can find it.

1. Contact tech support for your Linksys Router or
2. Go into your computer by clicking on run and type in: ipconfig.
when you get into the ipconfig, choose the ip address of your internet service provider.
you will need to type it into your browser to get it to open.

If the cable company set up your equipment, you could probably contact them or the technician that set your your router/modem. They should have left you the information upon installation.
lear71

Return to iPod