<

Nexus 7 or iPod Touch 5th gen?

Postby amerawdwr » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Taking a little poll here:

Which would you buy, the Nexus 7, or the newest iPod Touch? (*announced today)
amerawdwr

Postby gerrit66 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:39 pm

At this point I'd wait and see what the iPad mini promises before making a decision. Both of the other selections seem really good, but it really comes down to how you're going to use it.

I really wonder if the rumored iPad mini will be competitive in hardware and price compared to the Nexus 7. It sounds like the iPad mini will have specs similar to the iPad 2 (1024x768, 7.8" screen; an A5 processor (also used in the iPod Touch 5g)), but won't match hardware of specs of the Nexus 7 -- 1280×800, 7" screen and quad-core SoC.

Despite the quad-core SoC in the Nexus 7, it *appears* that it doesn't have the same performance as the iPad 2 or iPhone 4S (each which may be comparable, performance-wise, to the iPad mini and iPod Touch 5g) --

http://www.glbenchmark.com/compare.jsp?benchmark=glpro25&showhide=true&certified_only=1&D1=Google%20Nexus%207&D2=Apple%20iPad%202&D3=Apple%20iPhone%204S

Though, this doesn't benchmark isn't comprehensive and other benchmarks would favor the Nexus 7 in some tests.

Plus, Apple's App Store may be a big plus. That would most likely sway me towards an Apple product.

Unfortunately, none of these have any 'Wi-Fi + 3G' access, if that's a concern.
gerrit66

Return to iPod