<

If I reinstall iTunes will my data be lost?

Postby tillman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:51 am

Yesterday I updated my iTunes to the latest version (10.2.1) and when the update was finished, instead of restarting my computer, I clicked on the option that let me restart my computer on my own time. Later I just turned off my computer and today when I turned it on, I clicked on iTunes and instead of opening a message popped up saying "iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes." If I purchase iTunes again and reinstall it, would all my files be gone. I have a lot of stuff on there including a ton of music, about 350 apps, iPad, iPhone. and iPod backups, movies and vidoes. I need to know if it will be safe to reinstall the latest version, and if not, how to retrieve my data.
tillman

Postby chasin67 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 am

Yesterday I updated my iTunes to the latest version (10.2.1) and when the update was finished, instead of restarting my computer, I clicked on the option that let me restart my computer on my own time. Later I just turned off my computer and today when I turned it on, I clicked on iTunes and instead of opening a message popped up saying "iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes." If I purchase iTunes again and reinstall it, would all my files be gone. I have a lot of stuff on there including a ton of music, about 350 apps, iPad, iPhone. and iPod backups, movies and vidoes. I need to know if it will be safe to reinstall the latest version, and if not, how to retrieve my data.
nope theyll still be there once youve updated, if your really scared just copy all of your itunes stuff to a cd, flash drive or a safe file
chasin67

<

Postby stedeman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 am

No because the important files are stored in users/music/itunes.
stedeman

Return to iPod