<

Should I jailbreak my iPod touch 4th gen?

Postby gilmat49 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:21 am

I was wondering if jailbreaking my iPod would mess it up.
Would it:
-delete all my current apps?
-slow it down?
-or just mess up the hardware?
only reason i want to jailbreak it is to get the live/video wallpapers and some apps.
So is it worth to jailbreak it?
gilmat49

Postby celyddon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:22 am

it will not mess up ur ipod, just try some trusted jailbreak tool and tutorial.
celyddon

<

Postby fisk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 am

All data is kept intact with a redsn0w jailbreak, so yes, I believe you should because an untether (jailbroken device on reboot) for 4.1 is available through redsn0w, but if you are on 4.2.1 ios firmware version, you would have a semi-tethered jailbreak = Tethered jailbreak boot and no jailbreak when boot is not assisted by redsn0w after your ipod is in dfu mode. Check settings>general>about for your firmware version. If firmware is 4.1, plug your ipod touch 4g into a usb port, hold sleep (top right button) and home button with rounded square for 7 seconds, and continue holding holding home until you hear your computer confirm connection. Google for Redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 iphone-dev and relevant tutorial from any trusted blog.

OR SIMPLY USE LIMERA1N by geohot (infamous PS3 hacker and former iphone hacker)from http:\\limera1n.com and follow prompts when clicking the button because it will require two mouse clicks to run. Three if you consider running limera1n itself as a step. I usually close itunes when running limera1n but its just a preference. Enjoy your untethered jailbreak!
fisk

Return to iPod