<

Should I tell my dad that he broke my iPod?

Postby aethelmaere94 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:45 pm

So my uncle who messed up his life by doing drugs and blah blah blah is being hated by my family. He won't stop and they want to kick him out. So he borrowed my iPod without telling me and he dropped it into the "filled toilet" -.- Now he said if I told my dad then they'd kick him out for sure. He said that he would (but I doubt) give me like $5 or $10 each week until he makes up for it. But he's always broke from buying pills all the time.

Should I tell my dad he killed my iPod or should I let him attempt to pay me back until my dad notices?

If you chose the 2nd choice, what do I do when my dad does realize it?
aethelmaere94

Postby jabarl79 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Definitely tell your father. A person who tries to hide the truth isn't someone u want to cover for.
If ur dad finds out on his own, not only will the uncle be at fault, but you might be as well. Plus, ur uncle took it without telling you...thats stealing. :S

Just tell your dad what happened, and i don't think ur uncle will get kicked out, but ur dad will make sure he pays you back for ur ipod. Right now, it could be that ur uncle is taking advantage of you and how young u are and has no intent to pay you back.

If you want, wait a week and see if ur uncle pays u the 5 or 10 dollars. Either way, tell your dad...but if ur uncle gives you the money the first week, tell your dad that he at least was giving the money like he said. And if ur uncle doesn't give u the money for the first week, then u know that ur uncle isn't going to pay u back... and u can tell ur dad that as well.
jabarl79

<

Postby barrett » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Definitely tell your father. A person who tries to hide the truth isn't someone u want to cover for.
If ur dad finds out on his own, not only will the uncle be at fault, but you might be as well. Plus, ur uncle took it without telling you...thats stealing. :S

Just tell your dad what happened, and i don't think ur uncle will get kicked out, but ur dad will make sure he pays you back for ur ipod. Right now, it could be that ur uncle is taking advantage of you and how young u are and has no intent to pay you back.

If you want, wait a week and see if ur uncle pays u the 5 or 10 dollars. Either way, tell your dad...but if ur uncle gives you the money the first week, tell your dad that he at least was giving the money like he said. And if ur uncle doesn't give u the money for the first week, then u know that ur uncle isn't going to pay u back... and u can tell ur dad that as well.
You're not doing him any favours by keeping it a secret. I doubt your family will kick him out for an honest mistake, but it sounds like your uncle is a little manipulative and dishonest.
If he has a history with drugs, or is involved with such things presently, your family either has the choice of supporting him through rehabilitation, or cutting off all ties with him.
barrett

Postby laefertun » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Tell your Dad. He may not like it but he needs to know. This is a form of deceit which is typical for drug users, etc. I would be more upset with him that he "borrowed" my child's ipod and then swore them to secrecy while half way promising to pay you back. Bad news doesn't age like wine, so go to your dad and tell him that you were scared to tell him.
laefertun

Postby ayize93 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Rat him out. Druggies deserve jail. You need your ridiculously overpriced fad trash so you can listen to what I can only assume is terrible pop music.
ayize93

Postby uddi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Rat him out. Druggies deserve jail. You need your ridiculously overpriced fad trash so you can listen to what I can only assume is terrible pop music.
What's more important to you, your messed up uncle or your lack of musical entertainment? You'll gain one and lose the other.
uddi

Postby barday » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:19 pm

I think you should tell your dad about it, but ask that he make sure that your uncle pays you back.
barday

Return to iPod