<

The Android equivalent of th iPod Touch?

Postby tasunke59 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 am

I want an handheld device that is like the iPod Touch, but instead of iOS, I want ot to be running Android. Basically a smartphone, but without the phone (so I don't have to pay extra fees for thing I don't need). Must be touchscreen. What is your best bang for the buck?
tasunke59

Postby drywsone94 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 am

I want an handheld device that is like the iPod Touch, but instead of iOS, I want ot to be running Android. Basically a smartphone, but without the phone (so I don't have to pay extra fees for thing I don't need). Must be touchscreen. What is your best bang for the buck?
There are several Android tablets on the market now, but I don't know of any as small as an iPod. Everything that size is actually a phone.
drywsone94

<

Postby eliot39 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 am

There are several Android tablets on the market now, but I don't know of any as small as an iPod. Everything that size is actually a phone.
None so far. Android was designed as a PHONE OS.

Supposedly Samsung is making one, but it has not reached the US yet.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/samsung-galaxy-player-hands-on/

---
Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
eliot39

Postby fonzie27 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 am

You're not going to find anything as small as an iTouch but something like the Velocity Micro Cruz T103 7 inch Android tablet may be something you can work with. It's larger than an iTouch but smaller than an iPad.
fonzie27

Return to iPod