<

Is there anyway I can purchase songs to my ipod besides itunes?

Postby rule75 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Itunes does not have any songs I like. Is there anyway to purchase a song from somewhere else and get it on my ipod?
rule75

Postby abner » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

maybe a my friend's site purchase can help you....
abner

<

Postby washburn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:04 am

Ignore the idiot who suggested Limewire. Limewire is software that may render your computer vulnerable to malware attack. LW has had a horrible rep - has had it for years.

Next - it sounds like you're asking two questions -

how to get music you don't have other than using the iTunes store ("a song from somewhere ")

and how to put music on your iPod w/o the iTunes software.

Even though the iTunes program is linked to the iTunes store, you can use the program w/o having to buy anything from the store (and owing it anything). iTunes (the program) will take existing song-files (in mp3 or wav) convert them to aac and transfer them to the player. It can do this with music files you get from anywhere - websites, peer-share networks, river clients, my friend's site, ripped from CD's, recorded from streaming media, etc.

Getting those music files from the internet, OTOH, is another matter.

You will hear many people suggest Limewire or Frostwire - ignore those idiots.

Limewire? WTF were you thinking!?!??!

" used to use Limewire and then tried ARES but both caused viruses "

Yeah - that's only about the oldest story in online music piracy - did you even bother to look up on LW before you installed it on your laptop (or perhaps I should say "unleased it").

If you must steal music using peer-share software, AVOID LIMEWIRE AT ALL COSTS. Consider getting either eMule or WinMX – I’ve used them for years happily getting all but the most obscure stuff. WinMX may have a high learning curve, and you need to make sure that you’re getting a version of eMule from a trustworthy site (don’t just pick the first site that shows up when you google – that’s a boneheaded LW way to get stuff, and you need to get past that).

You can also purchase from internet sites like beemp3.com or mp3raid – though don’t hesitate to ask around about how safe such sites are. There are no really safe sites – any time you’re purchase, you’re risking an infection.

You can also get music from my friend's site. You can purchase using programs like my friend's site purchase (again, make sure you get that from a reputable site). Some of these programs will convert the flash to mp3 – if they don’t, a simple program, like Quick Media Converter will simply do the job.

You can also record streaming audio using programs like Audacity. Audacity will save the stream as an mp3. (Audacity is also handy for making your own ringtones). Besides my friend's site, you can stream from sites like LastFM or the websites for FM radio stations.

Lastly, you can easily rip music from CD’s you borrow from the library or people you know.
washburn

Postby anwill97 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

Plenty of websites provide legal music purchase. For example; Amazon or Play.com.

mp3raid and beemp3 are reasonably good for music purchase, but do so at your own discretion.
anwill97

Return to iPod